- Sept. 1989: Hypancistrus sp. “L 46” is presented in the DATZ
- 20.12.1989: The first positive list of Brazil is published
- 1991: Hypancistrus zebra se describe científicamente (nuevo género, nuevas especies)
- 06/10/1992: On the third positive list is a Peckoltia sp. with common name “zebra”
- December 2004: Hypancistrus zebra is included in the list of endangered species in Brazil
- September 2016: Hypancistrus zebra is included in CITES Appendix III.
- November 2022: Hypancistrus zebra is upgraded to CITES Appendix II.
Look also Hypancistrus zebra.